HUNT VALLEY, MD—February 23, 2011—WebbMason Inc. announced today that it recorded its best-ever sales year in 2010. The company achieved $90 million in revenue, up 32.2 percent from its 2009 total of $68 million.
WebbMason has emerged as one of the premier marketing solutions companies in the US. Founded in Baltimore in 1989, it has grown into the leading provider of integrated cross media direct marketing solutions, marketing and messaging channel automation, and supply chain management and managed services. Its unique proprietary technology platforms are being used by many of the Fortune 1000 to solve today’s most challenging and complex marketing and messaging problems.
Key reasons for WebbMason’s record 2010 results:
* It signed multiple top-tier clients to MarketingBench, the firm’s proprietary, single-platform marketing systems automation technology. MarketingBench is used by more than 800 firms that seek a streamlined way to order personalized printed products and other items, centralize procurement, and track marketing and communication materials online. These firms encompass several industries, including medical, financial, retail/franchise and hospitality. They can customize MarketingBench to their specific communications and branding standards, and modify features based on the permission and access levels they set for users.
“Our single-source marketing and messaging platform enables companies to automate, organize and speed up their marketing and messaging systems in a way that’s empowering and easy,” says Warner Mason, Chief Executive Officer of WebbMason. “Their success is our success, and we are excited to have their trust and confidence.”
* Opened new sales offices in St. Louis and Denver. During a year when many firms continued to reduce expenses, WebbMason opened new sales offices in St. Louis and Denver. The company now operates 19 sales offices and seven warehousing, distribution and fulfillment locations in the United States. It also has a National Preferred Supplier Network of more than 200 best-in-class supply chain partners, representing about $3.5 billion in annual sales.
* Merged forces with Resource Print Management Limited (RPM). In January 2010, WebbMason acquired the assets of RPM, a print distributor located in Fort Worth, Texas. In addition to a more robust product offering, the transaction brought expanded reach, increased financial strength and shared technologies that focus on better solutions for customers.
* Increased its presence in the promotional products market. WebbMason enjoyed its best-ever sales year in the promotional products segment, achieving sales of $10 million. “More companies are turning to attention-grabbing promotional items to build their presence and support their marketing campaigns, and our clients understand the value of using promotional items to support their events, reward their employees and achieve their branding goals,” Mason says. “They look to us for new ideas and creative services to make their campaigns successful.”
* Remains independent, stable and innovative. “WebbMason is the kind of partner companies rely on to fashion solutions and find alternatives quickly and effectively — a flexible firm with the resources, experience and creativity to adapt to any situation,” Mason says. “We know what it’s like to be small, nimble and able to meet the challenges of our clients with the resources of the whole organization. We are now larger and have more capabilities and resources, but our philosophy of saying ‘yes’ to the customer and solving problems — no matter what it takes — is firmly intact,” he says.
Says Mason: “2010 was an exciting year for WebbMason, and we will continually seek out new marketing and communications technologies that positively impact our clients’ ability to deliver effective messages to their sales channels and customers. We remain inspired to be our clients’ key partner, bringing them the latest and best technology and solutions available anywhere.”